Monday, May 23, 2011

The past few days..

I don't know what it is about travel...but it really takes the energy out of you! The landscape is beautiful here in western Europe. We have crossed the Swiss Alps twice now, and driven over 3,400 miles so far. That is enough to go from Wilmington, North Carolina to LA by now, and we are not done yet. We still have five days left.

I can't express how happy I am here. I am enjoying every second of this trip. I mentioned to Maria earlier today that I could not imagine being happier....

We've been to cemeteries and a concentration camp, battlefields and museums full of old memorabilia, castles and churches, cities and country areas, narrow roads and roundabouts. All of it is different then what you find in America. I keep waiting to experience culture shock, and yet it hasn't happened. The differences are what makes this trip amazing. This is a history tour of some amazing sites, and yet I still find myself watching and listening to the people around me. The super marchet and pharmacies are so different then the equivalent in the States. The people here are so not impressed with all the beautiful buildings around them. We were driving along the highway to the different countries and just randomly an ancient building will pop up on the horizon.

view from a crazy castle

crazy castle

Ulm Church





Flower from Monet's house

awesome French soldiers
<3 Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment