Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Normandy

 Hey all!!! Rachael Rudnitzki here....WOW It has finally hit me what an ambitious trip this was to take on.  The list of things we have seen and experienced keeps growing, and I am loving every moment of it.  With only a few days left to go we are all soaking up every minute of it, and it astonishes me what we have accomplished so far.  The day before yesterday we visited Monet's home which I had been looking forward to.  Unfortunately it was not as fascinating as I expected, but it was an interesting site nonetheless. It humanized and brought Monet back down to earth for me.  The simplicity of much of his house (with some very unusual decor choices) shocked me, but the amazing flower garden did not disappoint.  I can absolutely see where the inspirations for his art came from, and I enjoyed the serene experience of walking through the peaceful garden.  I also liked seeing William the Conquorer's castle and walking through Caen.  As the the days of our trip are numbered I am going to soak in every detail that I can, and store these memories forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment