Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Dachau








Hey its me again, Darcie. Today was a solemn day. We went and toured Dachau Concentration Camp. I think it's sad how humans can treat other humans as if they are bugs we stomp on. I learned the dramatic effects that WW II had on the Jewish population here in Germany. Also, it was not just the Jewish people but they imprisoned other people just because...they could. The thing that disturbed me the most was the crematorium used to dispose of the dead. I could vividly imagine bodies being shoved into the small ovens. I later learned that the fat drippings from the bodies were used to make candles. I still can't believe that humans were treated in such a horrific manner! That's enough about this touchy subject. Talk to you all later....

No comments:

Post a Comment