Friday, May 27, 2011

The Last Evening

Like Elise, I'm thinking back about all we've seen and done.  I doubt that more history and culture could have possibly been packed into any three week trip. I've visited places that I've seen in books and magazines my whole life.  I've witnessed where history, both ancient and recent, was made.  I've even had the good fortune to meet a few of the history-makers themselves.  My enduring gratitude extends to all the men and women, soldiers and civilians, who have risen to the call of duty throughout history, who have fought for what is good and right to make the world a better place for future generations. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to study, to learn, to travel, and to experience all that I have. And to my daughter, Mallory, thanks for letting me tag along.

No comments:

Post a Comment