Monday, May 23, 2011

Normandy Excursion







It's me again, Darcie. Just a quick note to say that this trip is awesome and I'm loving every minute of it. We arrived in Normandy yesterday with no problems while driving to our hotel.We stopped by the Memorial du Mardasson in Belgium and the Adrennes American Cemetery and Memorial on our drive to Normandy. With each visit to these American memorials it makes me realize how fortunate I am to be an American. One aspect of this trip that i really enjoy is paying honor and tribute to the soldiers that gave the ultimate sacrifice to guarantee each and everyone of us our freedom. Today we visited three battlesites in Normandy which allowed me to better understand what happened on D-Day here in Normandy. Not only is this trip fun and enjoyable, but I'm actually learning as well. Today we also ventured to Caen and toured around William the Conqueror's castle. Seeing sites like that remind me that our nation is still in its infancy compared to Europe.
Enough for now, talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment