Saturday, May 14, 2011

Amazing sights with some amazing people....




Hey everyone! It's Rachael Rudnitzki, and wow has it been an absolutely mind-blowing trip so far.  At this moment I am within a city that takes my breath away and brings a peace to my heart.  As I sit here breathing in the fresh night air of Lucca, Italy, I'm remembering all of our crazy adventures of the past few days. With so many sights to see and things to do the days have been filled with so many memories I will cherish forever.  Who knew that Will and Ashley would unleash their European sides when behind the wheel of our vans? Could I have possibly imagined how breathtaking Pont Du Gard or the Roman Ruins would be? One of my favorite aspects of this trip has to be the freedom we have to explore because of the vans. Without them we would not have been able to navigate our way to a fantastic abbey in France, or get completely lost in the beautiful luxurious country of Monaco (an interesting memory for sure..those roads are CRAZY!!).  The enormity of our trip has finally become a reality for me. I count myself as lucky considering how many awe inspiring views and opportunities to experience such different cultures this trip has presented for our group.  Today's venture to the Leaning Tower of Pisa was one I was personally looking forward to, and even though we weren't able to go to the top, just being there was perfect. Laying on the grass near the tower with the warm sun shining down on my skin is a feeling I won't forget easily!! I am so very thankful we are also able to go to the American Cemeteries here in Europe to honor our Tennessee Veterans.  Tomorrow as we travel to Florence I am highly honored to place a flag on a relative of my very own, and to think that I am able to accomplish that is completely extraordinary. I love Europe!

P.S. The last picture I posted is of a round-a-bout in a TUNNEL in Monaco....which none of us had ever seen before and we were quite fascinated!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment