Thursday, May 19, 2011

Carbing It Up

It's a good thing my group-mates and I spend a good portion of the day walking. Otherwise, I'm afraid we would all have gained so much weight by now that we no longer fit in the van. Everywhere we've been so far, the food has been fantastic. Croissants and fresh fruit in France. Pasta and gelato in Italy. Sausage and cheese bread in Germany. Even our picky eaters can find something irresistible on the European menu; but just in case we get a little too spoiled, we've also sampled food from a local Burger King and McDonald's. Unfortunately, I think our American fast food has been put to shame by neighboring pastry shops and fruit stands here in Bavaria. For now, I think we're all reveling in our foreign-cuisine-stint. Living it up; carbing it up!

-M. Miles

P.S- The photo above is a freezer full of the ever-tantalizing gelato, the European version of icecream. Flavors range from mango to pistachio to tiramisu. I, for one, get a cone every time I pass one of these places. 

1 comment:

  1. I don't blame you -- it all looks and sounds irresistible! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete