Friday, May 27, 2011

For what it's worth, it was worth all the while

Today is a terrible, beautiful day. No words can explain the sights we've seen or the things we've experienced. This once in a life time opportunity has been the most amazing adventure of my life. I've made friends that I don't know how I ever lived without and seen things that 99.9% of the world will never even know they missed out on. We've made memories that can't be imagined, mostly great things, a few sad, but all unforgettable. A song lyric rings true here: every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end. At the end of this unbelievable journey I can only ponder where the next chapter of our lives will take us. Some of us have plans that will help guide us such as Darcy as a Radiologist, Josh as a Businessman, Bob the Amazing Adventurer, or Rachael as a Teacher, others of us are waiting on the wind to blow us in a favorable direction. On this fantastic vacation we've done more and seen more than even the most ambitious people could have managed in 6 months or more. I'm torn between being blissful to return to my family, friends, and puppy (Sophia) while at the same time almost crushed to leave the dreamlike beauty we wake up each day to discover, not to mention my new friends. Thank you all for the great memories (and pictures, when you send them to me... as soon as you can... like seriously...). A special thanks to Charlie Casey Cobb for not killing us or leaving us anywhere and not losing his mind during all this madness. Thanks Roane State for making this possible, it really was inexplicable. Thanks to my family for helping me prepare for this and taking care of things on the home front, not to mention helping me make this possible, I love you guys. Thanks to my friends who have kept me informed and kept me anchored in reality. I know I keep ramming the point home, but this experience has been indescribable, words and pictures could never do it justice. I'm so lucky to have been allowed to come on this trip and if someone asked me to do it again, I would 100,000,000 times over. I'm signing off for the very last time on this blog and sadly still no pictures will load for me, but those of you who know me will get an earful and an eyeful for the next few years. I just can't get over the awesomeness of this experience. Thanks again everyone, 3 am comes early.

If I had to choose a song to put to this trip it would be Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) by Green Day, fittingly from the album International Superhits!

Deuces Mooses.

-Brett Peery

No comments:

Post a Comment