Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Alps bound





Hello everyone, it's Darcie again. As life usually goes, there are always bumps in the raod. Due to a no fault accident, we started to Germany about 7 hours late. Two windows were broke in one of the vans and there were no replacement vans anywhere in the vicinity. The car rental place told us they thought they could fix them and have us on the road by early afternoon. Well needless to say that didn't happen. So we got two cars to replace the van. Due to the time lost we were unable to see Switzerland. Oh well, at least we got time to explore Luca. That town is very intriguing and confusing. My sense of direction is not the very best and I kept getting turned around and lost. The streets are so small and they drive so fast. It is orchastrated chaos. We finally got to Germany and the place that we are staying at is like a palace. I swear my whole appartment could fit in the room that I am staying in. We went up to the "Eagle's Nest" in the Alps today. The drive alone took my breath away due to its beauty. Well I guess I will quit rambling on and talk to you all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment